Protect Yourself Against Fraud
Tips for protecting your identity
Precautions and steps to protect:
- Shred your financial documents.
- Protect your SSN, Do not carry your card with you, and only give out if absolutely necessary!
- Never Click on links sent in an email you don't know the sender. Type in web addresses you know. Use firewalls and anti-spyware and anti-virus software.
- Always keep your personal information secure!
****Check your Credit Report at least once a year!****
Visit www.AnnualCreditReport.com or call 1-877-322-8228 to order a free Credit Report each year!
- Never provide your personal information in response to an unsolicited request, especially over the Internet.
- Mediapolis Savings Bank will never send you an e-mail asking you to respond with sensitive information.
- Notify us as soon as you become suspicious or detect a problem. Timely notification is the key to preventing losses.
There is a new type of Internet scamming called "phishing". In a typical case, you'll receive an e-mail that appears to come from a financial institution or other reputable company. Sometimes the e-mail appears to be from a government agency. The e-mail will probably state that your immediate attention is needed. The e-mail will then encourage you to click on a button to go to the institution's Web site.
In a phishing scam, you will be redirected to a phony Web site that may look legitimate. Then you may be asked to update your account information or to provide sensitive information for verification purposes. Please proceed with caution. If you provide the requested information, you may become a victim of identity theft.
If you have any questions about "phishing" call the bank at 319-394-3191. If you think you may have become a victim to "phishing" involving your accounts with the Mediapolis Savings Bank please call the bank at 319-394-3191 immediately.